Cat Boarding Little Rock
Cats don’t usually travel well. As creatures of habit and comfort, they are easily traumatized by new surroundings and bumpy, loud travel. Most cat lovers find that they spend half their vacation looking for their beloved pet when they bring them along.
Here at Bowman Road Animal Clinic, we are proud to provide personalized cat boarding services to make your cat feel safe and at home while you’re away. We offer both overnight and day boarding options. Whether your cat is staying with us for medical treatment or because they need a home away from home while you’re out of town, we provide clean, comfortable facilities and individualized care for every cat that stays with us.
Specialized Staff for Cat Boarding in Little Rock
Our experienced boarding and veterinary staff are on hand around the clock to monitor, pamper, and play with your pet – they are in undeniably good hands! Our friendly and compassionate staff loves to shower your kitty with a healthy dose of attention and affection. We all love animals – it’s why we do what we do! Happy cats make happy cat owners, and that’s always our number one goal!
Our cat boarding facilities are built with your feline friend in mind. The area is fully equipped with its own heating and air-conditioning system to keep your cat comfortable. And of course, it’s completely separated from the canine area. The rooms and kitty condos are spacious and comfortable. If your cat is sociable and comfortable with other humans and cats, they will be let out to roam and perch and play at specific times of day.
Our staff provides professional, friendly care around the clock for the entire length of your cat’s stay with us. We take pride in our personalized services for cat boarding in Little Rock.
Special Accommodations for Your Feline Friend
We know that cats are creatures of routine and habit. To help keep them calm, healthy, and happy, we’re happy to accommodate any special needs or requirements they might have. You cannot over-communicate with us. The more we know about your cat’s medical history, current medications, healthcare requirements, likes, dislikes, sociability, and personality, the more personalized and detailed our care for them can be.
We feed our cat guests according to your preferences and instructions and we always ensure that there is fresh, clean water available for them. If you have special food, specific feeding requirements, or times of day that your cat prefers to eat, we are happy to work with you. Some cats like to nibble all day, and others can only be trusted with set meal times. Just let us know what you and your kitty companion prefer.
The Benefits of Boarding With a Vet
No one is better suited to observe and monitor your cat’s health while you’re away than a trained veterinary staff. If your cat experiences any medical issues, we will inform you immediately and, if needed, we can treat them right here on-site at the clinic.
We know that when it comes to your cat, only the best will do. Our pledge to you is that we will treat your cat as if they were our own – with all the love and respect that they need and deserve.
Tips For Keeping Your Cat Comfortable During a Boarding Stay
Before you board your cat with us, there are a few tips and tricks we ask our pet parents to look over. These are meant to increase your and your cat’s comfort with the boarding process and to help keep them as safe and healthy as possible.
- Bring enough of your cat’s preferred food for their entire stay (plus a little extra just in case) and try not to make any major dietary changes right before their stay. Sudden dietary changes tend to upset your cat’s digestion which can make for a very uncomfortable stay – and in worse case scenarios, it can cause serious health issues like vomiting, dehydration, and refusal to eat.
- Bring their favorite blanket, toy, or an article of clothing that you’ve worn recently. Familiar items that smell like home go a long way toward comforting your kitty while you’re away.
- Bring all medications, special instructions, and your vet’s contact information if you do not vet with us. Our trained veterinary staff is completely capable of administering all medications, but we must have the dosage and prescription instructions.
- Provide copies of your cat’s vaccination records and proof of spay and neuter status.
- Be sure your cat is up to date on their flea and tick treatments. We keep our facilities very clean, and we’re very careful, but you never know what another cat will bring in with them. To avoid having your cat contract fleas, please make sure they’re up to date on their treatments.
- When possible, plan – and schedule – in advance. We know it’s not always possible, but in general, it’s best if you can schedule your cat’s boarding stay as far in advance as possible. Especially around the holidays, we are very busy and the cat condos fill up quickly. So as soon as you book that vacation just give us a call and we’ll do our best to accommodate you!
If you have any questions about cat boarding in Little Rock or you would like to schedule a boarding stay, contact us at 501-223-3737. If you would like to take a tour of the cat boarding facilities and meet some of our boarding staff, just schedule an appointment or drop by! We’re happy to show you around.
If you have a cat or are thinking about adopting one, you may have heard a variety of opinions...
You know it’s safest to keep you pet cat indoors, but you might feel badly that they seem bored....
Most cats are pretty independent. They like to laze around the house, occasionally chase...